Today we released our new product, DireXtion Control Tower. The Control Tower is an addition to existing Transport Management Systems intended to generate one central overview across different systems and make (inter)national transport transparent. It provides insight into the performance (KPI’s) of the connected carriers for both shippers and principals as well as a complete Track & Trace of the shipments. When creating transport orders it helps to make the right choice to select a carrier based on availability, price and quality.
The Control Tower is put into operation by Phoenix Group for all international movements of (pre-)wholesale medicines, healthcare logistics, pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical related products. The pilot has started in the Netherlands and will soon be followed by implementations in following markets.
The Control Tower will provide:
- A comprehensive (European) online overview of all healthcare logistics and other non-regular shipments via a dashboard that will include full track & trace;
- Automatic data gathering from local (existing) Transport Management Systems, Pan-European providers and a functionality for automatic and manual booking of shipments based on pre-set conditions (such as price, quality or speed) with pre-calculated prices;
- Reporting of all transport activities including KPI management of transport carriers (such as OTIF as high requirement from the industry)
- Significant cost savings via an improved position in contract negotiations with transport carriers. European consolidation of volume component to increase leverage for procurement activities;
- Increase of quality by clear performance tracking and management through the Control Tower. Spot (unclear) delays, track and manage delivery quality per carrier;
- Direct access to status of shipment/delivery. Pro-active informing principals of delays and avoidance of claims.